Most people think of guacamole as just a dip for chips, but in our family it’s a meal. The basic recipe consists of the first four ingredients, add any or all of the Optional Add-Ins according to what you have in your kitchen and/or according to your individual intolerances/sensitivities.
Feeds 2-4 depending on how many add-ins you use.
- 1 large or 2 small avocados, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1 large or 2 small tomatoes, cubed
- 1 small red onion chopped finely or handful of green onions, chopped roughly
- 1 small bunch of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 cup of corn, fresh cut from the cob or defrosted frozen
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2-3 radishes, diced
- 1-cup zucchini, diced
- Juice of one lime
- 1 clove of garlic smashed
- 1-2 teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Gently toss ingredients with dressing.
Serve on a bed of lettuce or with corn chips, if corn is not an issue.