- ¼ of pine nuts or other nut (almonds work well)
- 1 can of garbanzo beans, drained
- 2-4 tablespoons of tahini
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Place clove of garlic in food processor and chop well
- Add pine nuts and process again
- Add garbanzo beans, tahini and olive oil and process until smooth.
- Add water a little at a time until processed to desired consistency
- Add salt to taste and process
- You may want to finish your hummus with a swirl of olive oil on top
This is a basic recipe. You can add a variety of things to expand on the flavor.
- Roasted red pepper
- Cooked artichokes
- Green or black olives (pits removed)
Serve with cut up veggies or crackers, or use as a sandwich filling.