I decided to “relax” my regular diet for the Thanksgiving weekend and enjoy all of the holiday fare. Now that doesn’t mean I pigged out or anything, but I did eat things I wouldn’t regularly eat. Oooh.., it’s taken me four days to settle my roiling guts.
Enough of that. I’ve come up with a plan to help my body survive the next four weeks. See if any of these ideas help you survive the food mania of the holidays.
- I will begin every day with the juice of one lemon squeezed into a glass of room temperature water.
- I will eat only unprocessed fruit (raw and with peel when possible), until lunch. OK, unless it’s Christmas morning and the buffet is set up…
- I will drink at least one tall glass of green juice daily.
- I will be sure to drink all of my water each day. For me, that’s 64 ounces; body weight/2
- I will enjoy all of the veggies on the party table, be sure I get plenty of protein, and then savor small bites of goodies. No denial, and no pigging out.
- I will say YES to the Christmas festivities that I enjoy and NO to people & events that drain me.
- I begin each day thinking of the holiday traditions I plan to enjoy, and end each day being grateful for the opportunity to do so.