You know you should eat more fresh greens, but too many times you cover those fresh greens with some heavy, processed, additives-added dressing. Here’s a SIMPLE dressing recipe that you can whip up anytime and that has a long shelf life – at least a month at room temperature. The best part is that this is the basic recipe; you can dress it up any way you like.
- 2 oz. of vinegar or acidic juice- cider vinegar or lemon juice are really healthy
- 1 or 2 cloves of fresh crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1-2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard (this keeps the dressing from separating too quickly)
- 6 oz. of GOOD extra virgin olive oil
- Mix the first 5 ingredients and shake or whisk well. Using a small jar with a tight lid makes this process really easy. But, my favorite is the good old-fashioned Tupperware shaker. It’s not pretty on the table, but functional. And it has measurements on the side so you don’t need to dirty extra utensils.
- Add the olive oil and share or whisk well. Enjoy!
- A dollop of pesto
- Tablespoon of mayo to make it more creamy
- Tablespoon of miso
- 1/4 cup of your favorite fresh chopped herbs